1. A Rail safety fund+ with a corpus of Rs 100,000 crore will be created over a period of 5 years
2. The service charge on rail tickets booked through IRCTC will be withdrawn.
3. As many as 500 rail stations will be made differently abled-friendly by providing lifts and escalators.
4. Steps will be taken to launch dedicated trains for pilgrimage and tourism
5. A new metro rail policy will be announced+ . This is expected to open up new jobs for the youth
6. At least 25 train stations are expected to be awarded during 2017-18
7. By 2019, all coaches of the Indian Railways will be fitted with bio-toilets
8. Railways will integrate end to end transport solutions for selected commodities through partnerships
9. Unmanned railway level crossings to be eliminated by 2020
10. A 22% rise in the Railways Budget was announced.