Acupressure health benefits
Acupressure is an offshoot of traditional Chinese medicine that is practiced widely all over the world. Apart from treating our internal organs, acupressure has several health benefits. Some acupressure health benefits are as follows:
- Over all well-being: Acupressure unblocks the blocked meridians which manifests into diseases and helps the body to function optimally.
- Helps faster healing: Acupressure helps to release muscular tension, promote circulation of blood, and enhance the body’s capability to heal which in turn helps you heal faster.
- Relieves pain: Acupressure helps in relieving body pain by releasing the blockages in the meridians. It also increases the blood circulation to the area, giving you pain relief.
- Makes you calmer: Stimulating the pressure points helps your mind to function better. Acupressure unblocks all blocked meridians, makes your mind calm so that body becomes more capable of handling stress.
- Makes you better at sex: According to acupressure texts, an imbalance of “qi “energy in our body causes lack of libido. “Qi” is also required for maintenance of kidney and heart. With acupuncture therapy, the proper working order of these systems is maintained, which in turn helps your sex life immensely.
- Tones facial muscles: Cosmetic acupressure helps to tone the muscles of the face by stimulating the blood flow and improving the production of collagen. It helps to tone your face and suppress the signs of ageing.
- Release muscular tension: Acupressure helps to relieve muscular tension by stimulating the activities of nerves. It also helps to control stress and relaxes the entire body by releasing the trapped energy.
- Promotes proper circulation of blood: Acupressure helps in promoting blood circulation. Applying pressure to certain acupressure points activates and opens up blood flow in the blood vessels. This in turn helps all body organs to regenerate and perform optimally.
- Reduces the need for OTC drugs: Acupressure is the best remedy for common ailments like a headache, sinusitis and cold. It reduces the need for over-the-counter medicines.
Acupressure is a harmless and effective treatment for a variety of disorders. It can also provide relief from body pains, fortifies our reproductive system, detoxifies the body for greater health and beauty, and tones facial and back muscles. Moreover, it aids to reduce the use of medication and has no side-effects. Thus, next time you are troubled with stress, back pains and migraines, visit an acupressure therapist before taking medications. Not only will it help to cure you, it will also help to rejuvenate your mind and body.